Writing A Good Online Marketing Manager Job Description
Writing an accurate and encompassing Online Marketing Manager job description is the first step in finding the right manager for your organization or business. Job descriptions traditionally include information on the chain of command for the position (what position it reports to as well as which positions report to it), responsibilities of the job, and the educational and experiential requirements necessary.
An Online Marketing Manager job description is appropriate for managers that will oversee all phases of marketing, promotions, and advertising, including other staff that perform those functions, and will be operating primarily (if not completely) through telecommunication. Experience and education in staff management as well as in marketing strategy and evaluation of research are key for any development manager to have and to use to plan and manage effectively. Superior communication skills, broadband internet accessibility, an up-to-date computer with good online and physical security, and excellent computer skills are also necessary for internet-based positions.
Absolute minimums of any Employment Description are as follows:
- Job Title
- Department (frequently, marketing positions are found within a Development Department)
- Reporting Procedure and Position
- Job Objective
- Job Responsibilities
- Job Requirements
Additional aspects to include for internet jobs include the following:
- Reporting and Communication Requirements (including methods of communication preferred and software requirements, such as various instant messenger systems, email, cell phone, etc.)
- Verification of Work Hours, if necessary
- Additional clarification, as needed, of marketing strategy and requirements for internet advertisements
Clear and accurate job descriptions are the key to finding the right person for the position and ensuring success at communicating expectations; it would be unfair to expect anyone to operate in accordance with expectation if those expectations have not been consistent and clearly communicated. Being thorough, straightforward, and practical is the best way to ensure an excellent Online Marketing Manager job description.